Sunday, September 14, 2008

An APPLE a day keeps the doctor away!

Beautiful organic Gala apples!!!

We have learned this summer that Payton loves fruit!! He would be perfectly happy to live off fruit and chicken. He has loved harvest, and getting to "Help" dad!
Jenna went to school on the first day of harvest and came home to find the apple bins full of apples, she also loves to help "direct" dad on the fork lift and be daddy's special helper!
After enough apple bins are filled a huge truck comes, then aaron loads the truck with the fork lift, and off the packing plant the apples go. Payton loves big trucks, so he really gets a kick out of this part.
Payton and Jenna help collect tickets, and level bins "with a lot of adult suppervision" here they are taking a break. they love being farm kids!

3 comments:

Tami H. said...

Those apples look DELICIOUS!!!! Say hi to your grandma for me, although I am sure she doesn't remember me. Way to go on the canning. I still can only boast of canning 2 and 2/3rds of a jar of my garden tomatoes. I am feeling ambitious though and may tackle some applesauce (maybe).

Anna said...

So cute! My kids would be heaven out there too Im sure!

The MK Crew said...

How fun! I miss Washington! Maybe someday we will get back there. How fun that your kids get to be farm kids!