Monday, July 6, 2009

STATS

The kids birthday came and went, and I am just now posting there well child stats.
We love our pediatrician, he was Jenna's pediatrician when we lived in Wenatchee. So, when we moved back we just went back to him. He was in the same ward as us when we were living in Wenatchee too. Now that Jenna is getting older, he directs a lot of questions to Jenna, and she has no problem answering them. For example he asked her if she "always" wears her seatbelt in the car. She very honestly answered "NO". Now let me explain myself we live on an orchard, and the kids always ride around with aaron on the orchard in the farm truck with out their seatblelts. We also live 1 mile from Aaron's parents, and we of then drive there with no seatbelts. I know I know not necessarily the smartest move, but I wasn't expecting my 6 year old to rat us out. Our doctor was none to pleased with that little bit of knowledge. Then he asked her, "do you always wear a bike helmet when you ride your bike?" Jenna replies "No." He looks at me shakes his head in disbelief and says," they always need to wear seatbelts, and helmets when their riding in the car, or on their bikes. Did I mention I work professionally with this man. He probably thinks I'm an idiot. At this point I'm just hoping that Jenna does not bring up the 4 wheeler, and how they don't wear helmets on that either. I know, I know bad mom. Well here are the vital stats.
Jenna 6 years old
ht "44" inches which is 3ft 6 inches
wt 38lbs
The doctor wrote these stats on a paper, then below he wrote WEAR HELMET and underlined it.
She is in the 25% for height and weight
Payton 3 years old
ht "36" inches which is 3 ft
25 lbs
Now Payton has always been my little guy. He has consistently been in the -5% for weight, however this time he was a whopping 25% for weight. He went from -5% to 25% in one year!!!
YAY for payton!! He was also in the 25% for height as well. Maybe he will grow into a big boy yet!

2 comments:

JoMama said...

Screw them and the helmets! We never EVER wore helmets and I survived... bikes, fourwheelers, tractors... Tell the doc not to get his panties in a bunch!

McCuistion Family said...

how sad is it that my 1 year old is only 2 or 3 pounds lighter than jenna who is 6! hehe!