Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rock N Roll Seattle

Marathon
To run until one wants to die
Half Marathon
to run until one almost wants to die.
There is a new Marathon coming to Seattle this summer, and it is the Rock n roll marathon. There will be a different band every mile of the race, and from all sorts of different genres. I have always dabbled with the thought of running a marathon, and I have come to the conclusion, that my knees just couldn't hack it. ( I have had both knees reconstructed and I'm only 27)
However, a half marathon, maybe!
So Aaron and I have decided to train for the 1/2 marathon. We may die in the process, but it's a goal to help us get back into shape! I have a friend who is crazy and is running the full.
You go Kimberly!!! We'll cheer you through the finish line.
Wish us luck we're going to need it!!

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'll see you there! I will probably have to get both knees operated on again after this!

Anna said...

How awesome Lisa. I hope you guys accomplish your goal. Heavens knows I need to do something to get back in shape after the past 3 yrs of pregnancies and babies!

JoMama said...

Best of luck. I ABHOR running, like the plague. YUCK. NEVER will you catch me doing such a thing. I am still working on the High school thing and honestly Lisa... am having a real hard time remembering things??? Strange, huh?

The MK Crew said...

You can totally do it! I found some great websites and training guides when I ran my half marathon. Let me know if you want me to pass them along. And it is so fun to be able to say you've run that far! Go LISA!

jeffandbecca said...

That is great, have fun! I was NEVER a runner and decided to do a half marathon. It was tough, but such a neat accomplishment. Go for it - enjoy the runs.

Fuccillo Family said...

Oh no, another marathon runner... so's my husband. NOT ME!

Thanks so much for the formula advice. Much appreciated! I'll take all the help I can get... seriously. You must have an amazing heart to work with the preemies, bless you and all you do. And your little kiddos are adorable too! Keep the helpful hints comin'...

Amy (Swapp) Tremayne said...

Good Luck!!! Wish I could be there to cheer you on, but Tim says we're not moving back...darn it. At least not anytime soon.

Sara B said...

Lisa! Let me know what your plans are. My roommate and a few other friends are runnning the Rock n' Roll marathon so I will be there! I would love to see you and I can help cheer you on! Love ya'll!