Friday, October 24, 2008

HUNTING, Not for the weak stomach!!

My very talented hubby, shot himself a deer this year. It was a 4 by 3 point whatever that means. It was big though and I was proud of him. He went out in the wee morning hours so he would be in posistion when day broke. He had his Deer shot, gutted, and back to work by 1130 that morning. Then on with apple harvest he went. now Payton pretends he is hunting with his toy guns, and he guts his deer, with his knife when he is done. (his knife is actually a sock, what an imagination my little boy has.)

7 comments:

Riggs Familia said...

Mighty hunter shoot big deer, not bad for a chica chica.
-jer

Anna said...

Yeah it would have to be more graphic to gross me out-remember who I am married to? Kurt got one too and is gone elk hunting now-ugh!

Ryan, Marissa , Zoe and Cora said...

Cool! Ryan will be jealous.

wendy said...

yeah. that is disgusting. But way to go Aaron. I love that Payton is now "hunting" too...better watch your stuff!

JoMama said...

Lisa-

Beautiful family! Good lookin' chunk of meat there. I happened across your blog in a haphazard fashion from my sister's. I am glad to read you are well. God Bless!
Jolene (Hunter) Stagg

Amy (Swapp) Tremayne said...

Ewww. But that's some good food storage!

Tami H. said...

WOW!
I am overwhelmed by all the work that deer probably was to turn into something usuable. I am impressed at Aaron's skills!